28 December 2008

I Heart Home

I always love going to South Carolina but there's something about coming home that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I love having the comfort of being in my own home, having all of my stuff where it belongs, etc. Something about driving into the city makes me remember all of the great things in my life that I take for granted too often.

Oh, and the puppies were really good in the backseat on the 9 hour drive. They only cried twice, once because they were really thirsty & needed a drink. Another time because they were SO BORED and completely over it. Heh, I couldn't blame them, I was over it at that point too. The rest of the time they slept or chewed on toys, buckled in safely in the back seat. I tried something new this time, which worked out great. I always lay out a beach towel in the backseat because it seems snugglier than the cold leather. Problem is, when the dogs walk around the towel eventually winds up in the floorboard. This time I put a no-slip rug pad under the towel. It didn't move for 18 hours. Sweet. Then I put a couple of more towels back there so the puppies could burrow underneath them. Things like that make them happy, which in turn makes everyone happy because the trip is easier.

Bryan was a fabulous chauffeur. We had a great trip together.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I had a great trip with you too. I'm glad you got to come with me, it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete