29 December 2008

My Favorite Fleece Top

Has anyone noticed that this is my 3rd POST TODAY?!!! Here's why... I'm new to blogging and I just want to get some content out there so I can feel like my blog is more legit. I am not known for my patience so I decided to post a lot of content all at once. Good thing I've been sewing a bunch lately! Trust me, I am usually not this prolific.... and I usually don't finish like 8 sewing projects in one day unless I've had way to much caffeine :) Here is my last post for today. It's all about my absolute favorite fleece top. I love this top and I plan to make 18 hundred of them.

Pattern: McCall's 5520 Out of print, but you can still find it at the stores & at McCall online
Fabric: 1 3/8 Y
ards polar fleece
Description: Pullover tunic, loose fitting through the bust, has neckline variations, dolman sleeves with stitched hems and raised waistline.

This top fits so great in the bust and shoulders. The drama from the sleeves makes the waist look skinny too.... although it's not totally showing up in this picture :) But... this was taken right after Christmas and we know what impact the holidays can have on us. Elliptical machine, here I come. This pa
ttern technically calls for a stretchy knit, but the fleece worked just fine. I have to tug a big to to take the shirt off due to the lack of stretch, but it's not bad at all. Not at all.

What do I wish I would have done differently on this pattern? Not much. It is a cinch. (Ooh, that would be a great name for a blog, eh? Sewing Cinch) (-: As I mentioned in my last post, I just got a new rolled hem foot, so that is one improvement that could be made. The narrow hem
on this shirt is a bit sketchy in places.


This is the technical drawing for the shirt. It is just four pieces. I think it would be really cute and flattering to do the bust/sleeve part in a horizontal stripe and the waist part in a vertical stripe. That would be great. I may try to find some coordinating knits or fleeces to make this shirt again.



No comments:

Post a Comment