29 December 2008

Red Wrap

I love to be cozy around the house. However, I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that I'm just wearing around the house. Isn't that crazy? Why do we spend the bucks on clothes that we will wear around co-workers and strangers but when we're in our own homes around the people we love the most we wear rags? I'm standing up & making a change! I'm on a big kick to make cute clothes that are still warm and comfortable.

Pattern: Vogue 8463
Based On: Cute Loungewear from Victoria's Secret

Fabric Used:
1 3/4 Yards of knit
Description: Wrap cardigan has extended fronts to tie in front or drape over shoulders.



I really like my new red wrap. It only took a couple of hours to make. When I'm sitting on the couch I like to drape the front of the cardigan over my shoulders like a little blanket. It is SO COZY. I'm tempted to make this top in fleece for added warmth or in cotton cashmere as was used in the Victoria's Secret top.

The picture below is the look it has when it's not draped. Not as cute, but it does has its advantages. For example, when the sides are not draped up, they are much less likely to catch fire while cooking. :)



The Vogue pattern suggests tying the fronts at the waist. I don't know about that, seems kind of odd to tie knit. I am very happy with this top, it was very quick to make and it is so snuggly. What would I change about it? I just bought a new rolled-hem foot and I think that could make my edges better. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment