27 December 2008

Super Duper Christmas 2008

Yes... this is my first post, ever. I'm really excited about this blog though, I have seen a lot of neato blogs related to sewing and fashion and I'm excited to be in the loop. I plan for most of my posts to be related to my latest sewing projects, whether they be apparel or items for the home. This should be a lot of fun. This first post is just about Christmas this year. I have 4 sewing projects to post but I need Bryan to help me take some pictures. He is currently spending some quality video game time with his brother, Paul. I'm sure most bloggers use a tripod or something for their pix.

I should mention, thanks to everyone who helped me choose a name for my new blog. I finally settled on What's Your Stitch but close run
ner-ups were:
  • Itchin' For A Stitichin'
  • Sew What
  • You Got The Notion (This was my suggestion, I still love it but evidently people don't immediately think of sewing notions-buttons, zippers, etc...)
So, I guess I should get goin' into the real first post. Here we go!

The Christmas season is almost over, which is sad. It's time to start looking forward to the new year, though! Bryan & I spent the holidays in South Carolina visiting his parents. It is my 3rd Christmas with them and we always have a
good time. His family is fun, Italian and full of personality. Oh, and they always have really good food! We miss our friends back home though, it's hard to spend a week away, not seeing everyone.

So what did you get for Christmas? I posted pix of a few of my favorites below.

My New Livescribe Pen that uploads my notes into my laptop so I can search them at work. It's also great to turn on the record feature and have it play back the audio as you put the pen down on certain words. It remembers what was being recorded as you were writing certain things. VERY COOL for meetings!



My New Watch:


Vera Wang Purse:


Nifty Platter:


It was a great Christmas. Toby & Newton got along well with Molly, Bryan's mom's dog. Well, they got along most of the time. After midnight they turned into little gremlins and growled at each other a lot. Overall it was very successful. Tomorrow Bryan, Toby, Newton & I will make the trek back to Ohio. Then the real sewing posts will begin.

S
ometimes I draft my own designs but my next sewing project will be Vogue 8548 in a chic brown mod quilted material I found. Hopefully I'll have it done by the weekend, so I can start on my next project. I have 5 or 6 sewing projects in queue right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment