02 January 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Happy new year! 2009 is sure to bring great things. I wish all of you the best in this new year!

For me, personally, this new year brings much joy and excitement as 2009 is the year Bryan & I will be getting married. That will surely provide me with some sewing projects! I already know that I'll need to make a veil and a rehearsal dinner dress. We'll also need to make a flower gir
l dress, although my mom may help out with that one (thanks mom!) We'll see which one of us has more free time when the wedding comes closer. We already have a general idea of what we want to do. I need to hit up the craft stores and see if I can find some silk rose petals for the flower girl dress that don't look too fake. If I can't find nice petals then we may have to reconsider our plans! This weekend I'm dragging Bryan to a bridal event in hopes that we can get a lot of work done for the wedding. Hopefully we can get in & out, find a minister, photographer & price flowers all in the same day. That would be great.

I downloaded a
beautiful version of Auld Lang Syne from Amazon.com's fab mp3 download feature. Many of the songs are less than a dollar and they're high quality in mp3 format. I'm a mac fan but I don't like the proprietary audio format and protection that the iTunes store uses. So check this beautiful song out at Amazon.

We spent NYE with our friends, Jen & George at Jen's cousin's house. George's brother/sister-in-law Adam & Stephanie also came into town. So that's why the picture of us includes Jen and a guy who sort of looks like George but isn't George. :) George was behind the camera for this particular shot!

We were a little late for the party because I was trying to finish up my new brown jacket, that I am SO in love with. It is my favorite thing right now. I had to make some adjustments to make it fit right but it worked out. I did not, however, finish it in time for the party! That's OK, though, at this point I just need to sew on buttons and snaps. Then I really need to start sewing some more practical items, warm pants & tops to wear around the house. That's where my wardrobe is really lacking right now.

Part of the reason I didn't finish th
e jacket in time is because I sewed the lining sleeve in upside down! It's a novel idea if you're going to a concert or something where you would need your arm in the air for several hours. :)

It's hard to tell exactly what this jacket is because of the brown quilted facing in the front and the off-white lining. And the fact that only one sleeve is sewn in and it's upside down :) Eventually this will be a funnel-neck brown quilted jacket. I will definitely finish it today and then maybe I can get some pix taken & posted.

Wishing all of you the best for this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment